Monday, December 28, 2009

Back to the Road


Break time is over and it's back south. The two and a half weeks back in the northwest were a little hectic, as all holiday seasons are, but a great change of pace. It was nice to be in the cold and enjoy it a bit more, and also avoid it when I wanted to. I'd anticipated on riding lots in Seattle but only took my bike out twice, I just didn't have the desire to be riding in the rain and cold as many Seattle days were. I was sure shocked by how light, fast, and agile my bike was; what a fantastic feeling!

I did get a number of great nordic days in though and even one backcountry. Summer waxing skis in December is just wrong, but I was happy to ski at all.

It was great to see lots of family, but didn't get in as much of friends as I'd hoped. Had lots of great food, slept in, replaced some gear, and got a bit of relaxing in. Thank you everyone for a wonderful holiday in the northwest!

The black line is what I've ridden thus far


Now I've been hanging out in Austin for a few days, planning my next move. I'm looking forward to getting out on the road again and returning to my nomadic lifestyle. I owe a huge thank you to Kacie and Daniel for putting me up here in Austin, and especially for storing all my gear while I was gone!


New addition to the bike. Tear it up Holly!

(Here is an awesome article that just came out in the Anchorage Daily News: http://www.adn.com/2010-ussa-championships/story/1075463.html)

This New Years morning, I started off the day with the Polar Bear Plunge at Barton Springs. With the water a constant 68 degrees, I have no complaints, it felt great to swim around in.

The crowds getting ready to dive in at Barton Springs


Adam (and two of his boys), myself, and Bill. We met up at the Springs.

I'm off to San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment