Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pictures!

So, two libraries in one day, crazy! I decided to stay in OR one more night, I'm in Brookings about 10 miles from the CA boarder. This library actually lets me do what I need, so as Scott told me "no one will read your blog without pictures" so here they are. Hopefully I'll be able to space them out a little more in the future.

Felicia and I at the Ferry Terminal, ready to take off.

Making dinner on the side of the road.


Astoria Bridge (before the rain really started).

Beautiful back road in OR.

Beach in Lincoln City (?)


Hiking at Cape Perpetua. Ran into a quirky FS intern for the last bit of the hike.

Sunset Bay State Park.


Hard to imagine riding gets a whole lot better then this.

Dawn, Gene, and "Big Bird"

Southern OR coast. Awesome rock formations everywhere.

On a side note, I just wanted to mention that if any of you have ever thought about bike touring the Oregon coast seems like the perfect place to start. OR makes it so darn easy for cyclists with cheap camping, mostly excellent signage, usually wide shoulders, considerate drivers, unbeatable views, good company, I could go on, but you get the picture. I highly recommend Oregon, it's a great way to ease into touring.

That's it for now. I"m off to explore town and enjoy my last night in OR.

No comments:

Post a Comment